There are two ways to install the plugin. We recommend you install this as a ‘must-use’ plugin, which gives the best results and gives you much more detailed and accurate information.
To install the WP Performance Profiler as a must-use plugin (recommended):
- If you don’t already have have a folder called `mu-plugins` inside your wp-content directory, create it
- Copy the contents of the zip file into `wp-content/mu-plugins`
- Login into the admin panel of your site, this will create the required database tables
- Go to Profiler > Settings in the admin area and configure what level of logging you want
- For multisite networks, repeat steps 3 and 4 for every site in the network
To install the WP Performance Profiler as a regular plugin:
Repeat the steps above, but copy the files into `wp-content/plugins` instead of `wp-content/mu-plugins`.
Server and minimum PHP Requirements
Please note that the WP Performance Profiler is not compatible with HHVM or PHP 7. The minimum PHP version required to run the plugin is 5.3.
To uninstall the plugin, assuming it’s been installed as a must-use plugin:
- Go to Profiler > Maintenance and click uninstall – This will delete all custom tables and set a flag in the options table to not run the plugin any more
- Delete `load-wp-performance-profiler.php` and `wp-performance-profiler` from the `mu-plugins` directory
- Delete the database tables beginning `wp_profiler_` (prefix depending on setup)